Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

We boat! Hatteras 54 EDMY

After 4 years of planning and lurking on the message boards, we finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1990 54' EDMY. She was Carolina Girl, will soon be named Ocean Sloth.

I am about to ask a large number of dumb questions as we try to figure things out, but I promise that I have searched the message archives and my friend the Google first.

Thanks to everyone who has helped educate me during my planning years, and thanks in advance to everyone who will take the time to point me in the right direction going forward.

Nathan

Re: We boat! Hatteras 54 EDMY

Congratulations!!!!! You have make a wise choice.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Welcome aboard, I found it to be a bit overwhelming for the first few weeks, There are no dumb questions
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

The adventure begins.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Congratulations on the new boat! As somebody else said, there are no dumb questions and so far they haven’t kicked me off for all the ones that I’ve asked.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Welcome aboard! We lost our 54' EDMY to hurricane Ian in 2022, but I still have a lot of notes, and remember where some of the odd things were on Pau Hana. Feel free to reach out with questions, as from what I and other Hatteras owners we met determined, the 54's are laid out somewhat differently than the 53's and 58's. My email rwaldrop13@gmail.com, I look forward to hearing from you!
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Congratulations!!! Beautiful boat!