Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1987 68' cpmy "airwaves"

hello Hatt family,

I am now considering a 68' CPMY named airwaves... looks nice and well maintained. 1987 Hatteras Cockpit Motoryacht Motor Yachts for sale - YachtWorld

Does anyone have any information on the boat? I understand the hour meters are not working. I am interested if anyone is familiar with the Boat before I make the trip.

Re: 1987 68' cpmy "airwaves"

Not familiar but live in Lauderdale, happy to take a look if you want eyes on before a trip.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Lots of photos. I looked through them- looks like a clean older boat, where they have kept up the maintenance, and a lot of the mechanicals seem either new or recently updated. If she looks that good in person and surveys well, she might be a good buy.

See if you can find out if this boat was at the Stuart boat show. If so I boarded it. IF this is the same boat the pictures are making it look better than it is. Once again, I am not convinced this is the same boat.

It is the Same boat that was in Stuart Boat Show
    Bay Village, OH/ Stuart, FL
    Kind of Blue 1967 31’ Bertram Sport fish (2021 - present)
    The Good Stuff 1987 52’ Hatteras Convertible (2006-2021)
    Kind of Blue 1986 36’ Hatteras Sedan Cruiser (2002-2006)
    Kind of Blue 1974 31’ Hatteras Sport Cruiser (1999-2002)

I am a hatteras fan and boarded the boat with no interest in purchasing. So did not poke around too much. It was very spacious but to me the boat would need a lot of time and resources to bring back. If you don’t care about faded paint, old electronics, etc it maybe a fine boat for that person. But if you are picky then you will have to be patient as you do all the updating. It is possible that its bones are good and it just needs cosmetic stuff. I have recently gotten my older boat to close to where I want it and just don’t want to devote the time to another project. You maybe in a different frame of mind. Tried to be balanced in my appraisal hope I have helped a bit.

Hi,
    Just listed my 1985 72' Hatteras on this site. Fly to Mexico instead and yes the photos are current and valid.