Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Would anyone have an idea of fuel burn at hull speed on a 72' sportfish...

Other than being an aluminum boat it would be a prime candidate for a repower if it was bought cheap enough. You could even part out the MTU,s if they are not broken. I will admit to liking the wrap on the hull!

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Other than being an aluminum boat it would be a prime candidate for a repower if it was bought cheap enough. You could even part out the MTU,s if they are not broken. I will admit to liking the wrap on the hull!

Walt Hoover
    I actually was wondering how economical it would be if you dropped a couple low power diesels in it.

But then you just jacked the price up by 60 to 100k and will never get that money back either.

Sure is a fine looking vessel.

Or.... best stupid thought of the day: Yank the MTU's and put in some electric motors and run off the generators Haha!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

I sent a message through the forum to SeaEric to see if he can find anything out about it.

I'm mildly interested but not in much of a position to do anything right now.

Need more info.

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post

Walt Hoover
    The wrap might help with the aluminum hull? Or maybe not. I don't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    I sent a message through the forum to SeaEric to see if he can find anything out about it.

I'm mildly interested but not in much of a position to do anything right now.

Need more info.
    She's marked as "Sale Pending"
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    She's marked as "Sale Pending"
    Thanks Eric

My comment about buying cheap enough for a repower would mean free.

Walt Hoover

That 396 the same engine that Hatt had so much trouble with in the 65C?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

A real beauty and beast. Guessing 20k or more in engine weight. Looked at a Marinette 41 once. Aluminum is a different animal, as explained by the owner. I like fiberglass.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    That 396 the same engine that Hatt had so much trouble with in the 65C?
    The 65 had 8's and Bob's new boat has 12's.