Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

32v Battery Replacement

Looking at alternative to replacement of my 32v batteries without the $ tag temporarily? Suggestions. Email entonces1972@gmail.com. Thanks
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.

Re: 32v Battery Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Entonces View Post
    Looking at alternative to replacement of my 32v batteries without the $ tag temporarily? Suggestions. Email entonces1972@gmail.com. Thanks

fork out the dough--you have 0 choice unless you convert. On going debate on golf cart battery use. personally use the trojan ranger 8v and have had 0 problems
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

2 yrs in on our 32V Port Starting/House Bank with (4) 8v Heavy Duty Cycle GC Batteries and so far don't regret it. (Actually just changed over the Starboard Starting Bank this week)

We live in SC so not normally too cold and I utilize the engine warmers when necessary.

12V71s fire right up...
    1985 61MY #369 / Redonna Gail / N Myrtle Beach SC

Have had no problems with golf cart batteries with my 53 in Florida
    Next battery change going with golf cart AGM provided my Sentry is compatible

Thanks all. I have 6 8v trojans in my golf cart & thinking of buying new set thus using 4 for my house bank. Curious will be acceptable for my Outback charger/ inverter?
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.

Quote Originally Posted by skinners1 View Post
    2 yrs in on our 32V Port Starting/House Bank with (4) 8v Heavy Duty Cycle GC Batteries and so far don't regret it. (Actually just changed over the Starboard Starting Bank this week)We live in SC so not normally too cold and I utilize the engine warmers when necessary.12V71s fire right up...
    Hey neighbor, yeah I don't run around much at all & glad to hear your 12's crank up so my 871's should also.Thanks
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.

Thanks all. I have 6 8v trojans in my golf cart & thinking of buying new set thus using 4 for my house bank. Curious will be acceptable for my Outback charger/ inverter?
    I am using 8 - 8v GC batts for my house/Outback bank. They fit in the OEM battery boxes on the port side easily.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I use GC batteries with my 3500 Outback. No issues
    mark
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

Unhappy Re: 32v Battery Replacement

Great news! Just changed them out on port Bank w/ T875 from cart. Took 2hrs & soar backs but back online 32v house & PME cranked right up (SME has her own personality). Terminals stayed cool to touch!Thanks all
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.

Great news! Just changed them out on port Bank w/ T875 from cart. Took 2hrs & soar backs but back online 32v house & PME cranked right up (SME has her own personality). Terminals stayed cool to touch!Thanks all
    With these batteries, when you replace, you won't have a soar back next time