Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nut jobs now welcome--some restrictions apply.

Aslan's been on the market for a few months. Understanding the market is weak, I didn't expect to be overwhelmed with cash laden buyers. I was not prepared for some real nut jobs who were allowed onboard. This is what I would call a lack of qualification by the broker and what I thought I was paying to avoid. I also felt the boat was overpriced, but I let the 'expert' broker do his thing. After all, I'm not in a hurry. It's just time to move on, but not cut'n run while I still enjoy the tinkering.

So, Aslan is for sale by owner to anyone who has not contacted my broker beginning March 1st. The original price of $225K was a nice thought, but just that. The price is $180K, buyer pays closing costs and, of course, subject to sea trial with refundable deposit. Someone who wants to live dangerously and take her as-is-where-is might have my ear. Where she is is in Charleston, SC and on the move with grandkids this summer. Nut jobs now welcome--some restrictions apply.

My HOF handle is my contact. No PMs, please.

IMG_5906.jpg
    Just kidding, one of my neighbors.

Robert
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Nut jobs now welcome--some restrictions apply.

They may want to get their bilge pump checked. Could fail at any minute.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Just a small leak but easily fixed.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Had me going there, for a moment.

What’s the story on your neighbors boat?
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

The flybridge looks nice...

HVAC seawater line unplugged at transom. Poorly maintained boat. After being down for over a month, it caught fire. Boat kept settling in the mud and a king tide reached the fly bridge batteries. Couldn’t figure out why FD was there at first. No insurance. It was on the bottom for more than two months. Low tide water a foot over cockpit combing. Salvers raised it and departed for FL 50 hours later under its own power. 6 or 8-71s. Incredible. Half that time was getting rid of all those pales of oil. Probably had 10 tons of waterlogged everything.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

It does not look tippy at all. Seems quite stable.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Mr Clarkson, I think you should start a thread on some of the looky lòos that you had. I'm sure we would find it very entertaining.

Walt Hoover

I for one am just amazed Robert’s boat has not sold yet given its stellar care. Market must be very soft.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI