Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

53MY (1986) in Cocoa, FL "Mimi’s Folley"...anyone know this boat?

Hi Folks,

Going to see this boat tomorrow - no hour meters on engines - just exercising due diligence...

Thanks in advance for any back story or intel...

Steve
    Last edited by steve940; 02-09-2024 at 01:21 PM.

Re: 53MY (1986) in Cocoa, FL "Mimi’s Foley"...anyone know this boat?

OOPS!...that was funny!

I clipped the name of the boat from the YW ad - but the actual name = Mimi's Folley...not Foley (which
    is a type of catheter to catch urine).

Sorry!

She looks pretty nice in the photos. Sure has a lot of custom cabinetry. Engine rooms don't look great.
    Let us know what she's like in person. BTW - what did you think of the 54 Classic in Md? I was there the
    day before you.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Hi Eric,

That 54MY in Georgetown, MD, "My Way" had actually taken on water and partially sunk at the
    dock. Owner had refused to replace the aft bilge pump and it took on water. Though the aft carpet had not
    gotten wet, the reluctance of the owner to maintain the vessel was evident throughout: daylight could
    be seen through the wing door, mold was present in most lockers, the flybridge sole was soft, afromosia
    was in poor condition, fridge was rusty - among other things. Other than that it's a fine boat if
    you want a project. The selling broker had not been on the vessel in two years and mis-represented its'
    condition...

I hope we have better luck in FL tomorrow...

Steve

Was the selling broker POP Yachts by any chance? Before we bought Pau Hana in 2020 we looked at 2 boats thru them, both sound like MD boat, and POP had never even set foot on either one.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Not Pop Yachts...

Looked at it with a boatyard foreman and he estimated >$30,000 in repairs due to intrusion from
    fasteners into the balsa core of the flybridge being poorly bedded.

Steve

How did Mimi look? I was considering a trip across state to look at her. Worth a trip?
    Quo Vadis
    1987 54 Hatteras Motor Yacht
    Paul

See post preceding yours...

There is evidence of leaks in multiple locations in main salon overhead & windows, aft salon, pilot house, galley,
    midships ports and master port.

Vanity boards on both sides are split longitudinally with material (dissolved balsa core) being deposited at base of
    both boards where they meet the handrail.

If you don't want further deterioration of the balsa core of the , you would be forced to rebed every
    fastener on the flybridge and boat deck - and possibly replace some of the salon windows.

Caveat Emptor.