Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Trying something new. Looking for opinions

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    What are you using for a camera. I’ve had several go pros but now just bought an insta360 r1twin. Supposed to be the GoPro killer but haven’t used it yet
    Holy Cats rsmith! I am really liking this insta360! We are planning a long trip to Door County this summer along with a lot of short hops on our side of the lake. Looking forward to using this camera

https://youtu.be/RiVOLzvkYJ4
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Www.youtube.com/@greatlakesyachting

Just pulled up YouTube to watch your boating vids tonight and we watched Episode 1. Since the Admiral is from Michigan, and I was stationed at Sault Ste Marie while in the USCG, we have a particular affinity for Michigan and the Great Lakes. I want to personally thank you for posting Stormcloud Brewing in the first video (us old Coasties enjoy our breweries), but we definitely liked the first video. I'm not a camera expert, I think it looks great. Those midge flies are a special kind of nightmare, and we actually have a Caloosahatchie version called the blind mosquito, that we get when the CoE dumps water from Lake Okeechobee into the Caloosahatchie river in the early spring months.
    Last edited by rwaldrop13; 04-08-2024 at 06:09 PM.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I lived in Florida many years ago and remember
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

The link took me to a subscribe page, not a video, but I'll watch some of them. =-)

Adobe is full on pro system, comparable to Avid or FCP, but once you get used to it, you'll never use anything else. I used to edit features with it and I use it for my channel, now, on my old CS6. Being able to make hairline cuts on a specifc frame, speed up, slow down, cut just audio is great help on turning on the fly footage into something viewable. I'm shooting on the fly during the work on my boat and it's the worst footage and the hardest thing I've ever had to edit lol

However, depedning on the version, it is not great at blending different frame rates, so if you ever notice that your audio is gone after the first few minutes of the clip, check the frame rate of your time line and the clip. I don't know why, but my samsung phone never seems to record in the same FPS twice... so when I have that issue, I drop them all into clipchamp and render out. That seems to work on missmatched FPS really well. I have just ordered one year of the new version to see if it wiill handle the mixed fps better.

Lots of tutorials on PP, and on just basic editing. =-)

youtube.com/@shaylavie

Quote Originally Posted by Hat4Shay View Post
    The link took me to a subscribe page, not a video, but I'll watch some of them. =-)

Adobe is full on pro system, comparable to Avid or FCP, but once you get used to it, you'll never use anything else. I used to edit features with it and I use it for my channel, now, on my old CS6. Being able to make hairline cuts on a specifc frame, speed up, slow down, cut just audio is great help on turning on the fly footage into something viewable. I'm shooting on the fly during the work on my boat and it's the worst footage and the hardest thing I've ever had to edit lol

However, depedning on the version, it is not great at blending different frame rates, so if you ever notice that your audio is gone after the first few minutes of the clip, check the frame rate of your time line and the clip. I don't know why, but my samsung phone never seems to record in the same FPS twice... so when I have that issue, I drop them all into clipchamp and render out. That seems to work on missmatched FPS really well. I have just ordered one year of the new version to see if it wiill handle the mixed fps better.

Lots of tutorials on PP, and on just basic editing. =-)

youtube.com/@shaylavie
    Himmmm ClipChamp. That is a really good idea. I've been trying to double check frame rates and resolution on the GoPros. Thanks for the tip
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Laura and I went up and visited the new marina in Muskegon yesterday. It has a very long way to go for the land side. The docks, electric, water and I think fuel dock are getting really close to completion. This is the first new marina on the east side of Lake Michigan in a lot of years. We are kind of excited to see it finished but not real excited about living next to a construction yard for this summer. I threw this video together if anyone wants to take a look. Towards the end I walked down the dock. Shouldn't there be another cleat by the bow for each slip? No center posts in the slips is going to make rubbing the dock a routine experience

https://youtu.be/CLAJjzytbSc?si=Tr2uGRXie4NNAwCM
    Last edited by Phasma2128; 04-16-2024 at 08:29 AM.
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Get with Dustin at Ellenwood Landing now. Get on his list for a slip in 2025. We're full and you need to get in early if you want to be there.

laura and I took a trip to Montague yesterday to look around Ellenwood Marina. I’d say……perfect. I talked to Dustin about a slip for 2025. I think this will be a go. We also have a call into Crosswinds for storage for next winter. Thanks skycheney. Its looking like the Hatteras crews are coming to Montague

IMG_5223.jpg

who is this?
    Last edited by Phasma2128; Today at 09:14 AM.
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi