Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Trying something new. Looking for opinions

Quote Originally Posted by bostonhatteras View Post
    Great video. So many spots look similar to mid Maine coast, we even have a Presque Isle.
    Presque Isle surprised us. It was rural as heck but beautiful. If anyone loves remote boating with a a few amenities then Presque Isle is the place. Not much there for boat services but…..

We scootered around the area as much as we could. They are building a bar next to the grocery store. I think that ought to draw a number of boaters.
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Www.youtube.com/@greatlakesyachting

Video looks great!
    I just started using CapCut, it's probably way lower end than what you are using as it is free. It seems easy so far but I am just a noob.

By the way we are also in Michigan and reside at Algonac Harbor Club (basically on the north side of Lake St. Clair but on the north channel of the river)
    We made the maiden voyage trip when we got our 53, went from Onekama up and around following the same path. Beautiful Trip!
    Thanks for documenting your trip, I'm finding these kind of videos useful when researching places to go!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

What are you using for a camera. I’ve had several go pros but now just bought an insta360 r1twin. Supposed to be the GoPro killer but haven’t used it yet
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I’m using a GoPro 11 and a GoPro 7 plus an iPhone 14 Pro. For editing I use Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop. Premiere was a bit of a learning curve but I’m starting to get the hang of it.

I have 10 videos completed and plan to release one a week until boat launch in April. I bought a DJI drone I’m trying to learn. Easier said than done.

I think Laura’s goal is to create single videos for each port. She wants to document marinas, restaurants, bars and local boaters resources.
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Hi Bob Quinn! As you can see from our videos we came right by Algonac. Tough area to boat with a 6’ draft. I hear the fishing is amazing
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Moving the Hatt to Muskegon this year. We have a slip at Adelaide Point. Not 100% sure we are going to like it. Maybe White Lake for 2025.
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma2128 View Post
    Moving the Hatt to Muskegon this year. We have a slip at Adelaide Point. Not 100% sure we are going to like it. Maybe White Lake for 2025.
    Get with Dustin at Ellenwood Landing now. Get on his list for a slip in 2025. We're full and you need to get in early if you want to be there.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks Skycheney!
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Cap cut is a fairly simple application for video editting. They have both a deskktop version and mobile.

SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi