Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Re: 1982 Hatteras 56 motor yacht ( 18 foot beam) with 8v92 engines

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    I will say I am biased on this subject. I would highly recomend the Scania DI13 800hp engines. Though new to the recreational market, Scania have been in commercial marine for decades. And like the Detroits, got their start in trucking. These are tough and power dense. I will be installing them in my 64MY when the time comes. I have some excelent data on a 53 Convertible we did a few months back. Originally equipped with 12V-71s this boat preforms so well with these engines. You can also come see them in person next week at the Miami International Boat Show. These will fit the space, and do an amazing job for you.
    Scania were the engines of choice on the large yachts built in Brazil going back to the early 90s.

Re: 1982 Hatteras 56 motor yacht ( 18 foot beam) with 8v92 engines

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Or rebuild current engines for 1/3 the cost of a repower 樂, it’s a MY, not a speedy SF.
    Just a comment, a YouTuber I used to follow was in Green Turtle in the Bahamas and needed CAT parts. Local engine shop pointed at huge shop/warehouse, "thats my Detroit warehouse". and his mailbox- "thats CAT warehouse". 8 weeks to get CAT parts from US.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL