Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Engine room AC lights

I went to turn on the ER light switch and no lights. The DC lights still work. I checked the breaker for the ER lights and recepticles located on the breaker panel on the aft bulkhead behind the starboard engine, and it is ON. Is there a fuse somewhere (maybe one of the 2 panel boxes on the forward bulkhead? although I have never noticed one there for this) Or could this be a bad switch? The switch is behind a hubble protective cover (left upper switch in the picture) and appears old and maybe double pole? Not sure if there is another switch that turns the lights on or not. The reason I feel it might be the switch is that it no longer clicks when going into ON and OFF position like the one beside it for the DC lights. I plan to check the power to the switch with my amp meter today. Just wondered if there was a fuse or not?
    Attached Images
    David Lewis
    MIMI, 2006 54C
    Washington, NC

Re: Engine room AC lights

Typically the AC light switches don't click - only the DC switches do. Just a guess, but check the GFI's in any nearby outlets. The light circuit may pass through one of them.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Re: Engine room AC lights

Eric,

Thanks for the reply...and the solution to my problem! I didn't think to check the GFI on the recepticles. There are 2 immediately to port. The top one (shown in the picture) had tripped. I reset it and the lights are back on! Thanks again for your expertise!
    Attached Images
    David Lewis
    MIMI, 2006 54C
    Washington, NC