Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Water Heater Weirdness

Yep - switch on fwd bulkhead port E.R....I just didn't realize I needed to wait for the pressure tank to empty.

I'm now $100 and 3 hours into this "easy project," and still don't have the valve cartridge removed.
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas

Look at the one way valve at the water heater , that may be stuck allowing water to go both ways at the hot water heater . That would be the first place I would look as this problem isn’t confined to a particular shower/sink or outlet . …..Pat

Call me at (650) 619-2308. If I can help on FaceTime I will. Rusty
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Make sure that you pull that pin on the top of the valve out. And whatever you do, don’t lose it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Got it all wrapped up late yesterday afternoon. Ended up having to jury-rig a tool to remove the old cartridge as the "puller" I bought at Home Depot was worthless. Also it helps to identify the cartridge BEFORE you go shopping. But the wife is happy she can take a hot shower in the master head now.

Still looking for the water heater gremlin though.
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas

Drain the tank with the power off. Pull the heating elements. They may have grown together from the calcium buildup in the water. If it’s an old tank, you should just go ahead and replace the one or if it has to replace them both.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California