Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Tach drives for helm gauges

Hi everyone, new to group.
    Just bought a 64 MY and none of the tachs work.
    I get conflicted info looking around online.
    Any help is appreciated.

Re: Tach drives for helm gauges

Using the search function at the top right corner has proven to be very helpful and a fresh post to bring things up.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Mad Hatter53
    That did help a little, going back to boat thursday to check some things out.
    dont even know why i didnt see the search box

Thanks.

You probably have the Sun tach drive sender attached at the Glendenning synchronizer. First, does the synchronizer work? If so, then your tach cables are good. Next look at the wires attached to the Sun drives. Make sure those are connected there and to the tach gauges. It is probably a bad tach cable or sender.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

SkycheneyJust purchased this vessel so im not familiar with its intricasiesWhere might these items be located? Behind the tachs?On the engines themselves?Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCAPE PLAN View Post
    SkycheneyJust purchased this vessel so im not familiar with its intricasiesWhere might these items be located? Behind the tachs?On the engines themselves?Thanks.
    Look for the Glendenning sychronizer box. All of the tach cables go through there. Or call a marine mechanic if you're not familiar with that.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Tach drives for cable and signal generator...Mine were on the back of the engine on one of the accesory drives.DSCN0200.JPG
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults