Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Water Maker Suggestions?

Looking at SeaWater Pro for simplicity, thoughts?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Re: Water Maker Suggestions?

I absolutely love mine and ate lunch with another forum member who agreed.

It's simple and uses off the shelf filters. The price is outstanding and they came over to Tampa from Stuart for the install.

Seawater Pro is the way to go.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa

I absolutely love mine and ate lunch with another forum member with one who agreed.

It's simple and uses off the shelf filters. The price is outstanding and they came over to Tampa from Stuart for the install.

Seawater Pro is the way to go.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa

I installed one two years ago as a back up to the 100gph primary on the 116 I run. Nice little unit, very simple with off the shelf components.

I picked the 36 gpg twin membrane 240v model. Only two minor gripes… the breaker they mounted on the panel was a single pole breaker which I replaced with a two pole obviously. Also I didn’t like the tiny feed pump and flimsy plastic tubing they supplied below the water line so I used a small march pump and reinforced hoses.

Otherwise, it s been great. Saved my behind a few times when the big WM had a hick up
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Pascal, would you mind sending me the info on the pump you installed please? Also, why 220 and not 110?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Because I powered it with the same breaker as the primary which is 240v

I used a March AC-5C-MD which is a bit of an overkill but I had it other wise this one should be fine
    https://flagshipmarine.com/product/m...c-3cp-md-115v/
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I've had a SeaWater Pro for many years now and love it. We basically use it for an annual trip to the Bahamas, then we pickle it. When I moved the system off our 53 MY to our 'new' 63 CPMY I some trouble with the low pressure pump, which was the March pump that came with it originally. After talking with Mike at SeaWater (super customer service), I bought their new one which looks wimpy, but worked just fine. The key seems to be that you have to install the pump (either one) as close to the water pickup as possible. Mike suggested attaching it right to the seacock. I didn't do that but it is right next to it and has worked well. A nice feature of this pump is that it has an adjustable flow rate so during set up you can dial in the recommended pressure.
    Attached Images
    1987 63' CPMY - Jubilee
    Tampa, FL

All who wander are not lost.

I visited their shop a few weeks ago and liked the set up. After these responses, I think I’m going to visit again and pull the trigger. I’m a little pressed for space for the membranes. I’m considering mounting them on the underside of the fiberglass engine room air intakes. That is if the membranes full of water aren’t too heavy.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Same positive experience as Pascal. DIY in generator room of 63 MY.

John McCarley - USCG 100 T Master
    Water Colors
    Wrightsville Beach NC

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    I visited their shop a few weeks ago and liked the set up. After these responses, I think I’m going to visit again and pull the trigger. I’m a little pressed for space for the membranes. I’m considering mounting them on the underside of the fiberglass engine room air intakes. That is if the membranes full of water aren’t too heavy.
    Just a thought on mounting to the bottom of the ER intake boxes. I'd think the single plane of the box would be too thin and flexible for the weight but if you 5200 a sheet of 3/4 ply to the entire bottom it would stiffen it up plenty and the rest of the structure would support the added weight without issue. No holes through the laminate and screws only into the ply. Just my .02 Thinking it through a little further perhaps 1"x3/4 strips along the bottom would be better than an entire sheet across it, reason being is if the intake box ever needs to come out the strips could be removed by oscillating tool easily but an entire sheet across bottom would likely destroy the
    intake box being removed.
    Last edited by bostonhatteras; 01-22-2024 at 07:32 PM.