Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Wiper Arms and Blades

The knurled portion goes on the driven wiper arm. If you actually have pantographic arms there will be a bracket that is under the wiper motor shaft with a passive pivot 1.5" horizontally and a screw holding the bracket in place. If there isn't a bracket with a passive pivot then the boat can just take regular straight wiper arms. You can use straight arms even with the passive pivot bracket in place. The motor is generally speaking the same whether pantographic or straight. If you have nothing there now and want pantographic arms you should have a professional run a calculation to tell you the size of the arms, blades and the sweep to set the motor to. Also figure out where you want the blades to park, left or right. Different brands use different passive pivot sizes but generally the knurled motor pivot is the same until you get into big motors. Another boat like yours could tell the arm and blade size but it's a bit of a headscratcher to move from straight arms to pantographic without some guidance. I think I may be the only old convertible with three pantographic arms at the lower helm. Haha
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bostonhatteras; 01-29-2024 at 03:58 PM.

an online photo of a quality brand Roca. Shows what you are asking I think
    Attached Images

Pretty sure we have the pantographic arm setup. My wife, who is currently on the boat, just sent photos and we definitely have the pivot. She also says the shafts all turn (yay!) but she can't figure out how to make them stop spraying water everywhere (WTF?).

72825283729__381FE0E4-1753-443C-8152-A8EEE017AD32.jpg72825281381__852C6952-7909-4DFC-8DDE-B660BDC1E085.jpg
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas

My photos make it look like the boat is standing straight up on the bow. I've no idea how to rotate them. Sorry.
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas

Your boat and mine are a world apart but there is either a solenoid that allows ships domestic pressure water to wash or a separate tank with a pump. If they only spray when wipers are energized I'd think it's a separate pump, but like I said our boats are very different.

on my 58yf the washer uses the fresh water system for pressure and a know that looks like a switch that you pull to allow water to flow look at your owners manual it will show the water valve. mine is in the overhead dash panel
    Last edited by bigbill; 01-29-2024 at 10:11 PM.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Found the instructions for the washer control in the owners manual. Duh.
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas