Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wiper Arms and Blades

We are making attempt number two to move our 1983 61 CPMY from Slidell to Houston starting tomorrow. We are supposed to get a few days of rain along the way, so it seems like a good time to work out my windshield wiper issues.

Previous owner says the wiper motors work fine, but he removed the arms and blades because the blades deteriorated so quickly when left unused for long periods. My question is, first, where can I get the wiper arm assemblies?

And second, assuming I can find those assemblies somewhere convenient, does it take standard wiper blades I can pick up at an auto supply, or do I need to order something funky?
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas

Re: Wiper Arms and Blades

Doubtful you will find the correct wipers at a local auto center.

Mine (58LRC) are 22" Stainless single hole blades. These are HD wipers generally used on trucks. I was able to find them at RockAuto online, but none of the local NAPA, O'Rielly, etc had them or anything close.

Not sure where you'd find the arms, but I'd start with SAM's and see if they can help.

I got mine at Granger and here is the number listed below
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

You can use standard wiper blades, but it will take a slight modification. Sams sounds everything you’ll need from the motors out to the blades.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

I got replacement arms and blades for my 55C at Sams

I usually have the records of what is needed per our past customers boats.
    For new projects, I send pictures and measurements and these kids offer a good selection of painted steel or stainless arms and a variety of blades to choose from.
    Great support by e-mail and phone.
    Always a great product at a great price.
    Don't forget to spec if you want the water washer in the arm also.

http://rometruckparts.com/
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 01-19-2024 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adt2 View Post
    We are making attempt number two to move our 1983 61 CPMY from Slidell to Houston starting tomorrow. We are supposed to get a few days of rain along the way, so it seems like a good time to work out my windshield wiper issues.

Previous owner says the wiper motors work fine, but he removed the arms and blades because the blades deteriorated so quickly when left unused for long periods. My question is, first, where can I get the wiper arm assemblies?

And second, assuming I can find those assemblies somewhere convenient, does it take standard wiper blades I can pick up at an auto supply, or do I need to order something funky?
    Sam’s has the parts . Before you buy the arms and blades , be sure that the spindles are not corroded to the point that they won’t rotate. Sam’s has the spindles, they can be a pain to replace.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

The splines come in two different sizes. Sams has both.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks everyone. For some reason reply notifications started randomly going to spam, so I didn't realize anyone had answered. We're holed up in Houma for a few days waiting out the weather, so I've got a little time to research it. I'll dig a little deeper.
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas

Okay, next question...anybody near their boat and can send me a photo of the actual wiper arm / pivot / blade assemblies? Sam's has the parts, but they're asking which items I need and, other than the pantograph arms, I'm not sure. There's some sort of pantograph adapter and a shaft pivot that aren't really self-explanatory. Just trying to get a handle on what I actually need.
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas