Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Water Collecting in Bilge While on the Hard

Are you in salt water or fresh? Get a bottle of Poland Spring ready to rinse your mouth out and taste the water.

Edit - never mind, I just saw the title that you are on the hard. I'd bet on side window tracks leaking.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    ...I'd bet on side window tracks leaking.
    That actually crossed my mind buy I resealed all the galley windows this summer. It stopped all the interior leaks but I suppose it could be somehow leaking down into the sidewalls of the bilge. Will be hard to detect but worth a look. We've had a ton of rain and wicked storms here. Thanks.
    1986 54 Hatteras MY IOLANI

My 1979 43c had minor perforations in the track. It would run down the inside of the hull and accumulate in the bilge during heavy rain. Here in CT we've had 3 or 4 massive rainstorms since the beginning of December. I would have definitely had a bilgeful.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau