Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 10 questions with Jim Rosenthal

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    I was at the Stuart boat show as well. $10. hot dogs??!!
    There are just not enough centi-millionaires to buy these boats at these prices. But....there WAS a nice Rybovich!
    I parked at the strip club $5 cover and they had free hot dogs and parking was free.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    No problem. I can't figure out why his boat hasn't sold- even if a prospective buyer didn't know about his posts on the HOF, just seeing the boat and his records ought to motivate a buyer, one would think.
    Thanks all for the kind words folks. So...we had a chap, albeit pretty eccentric, who's been hot to trot on the boat up to the point of writing a check. Today we passed right on over eccentric after he sent shirtless pictures of himself to my broker. Now I haven't delved in my broker's proclivities, but that's neither here nor there. With his back up against the wall, the broker fired the guy today out of respect and solidarity with the whole heterosexual male gender preservation movement thing of which I am a card carrying member. And no, I'm not sending you the pics. As a sort of proof of my veracity, I authorized a nominal price drop this afternoon. Of course, maybe this was all a ploy to get the price down....

Anyway, there's some guy named Walt from NJ been lurking some.

Been working with Fred lately. He's in training to judge the annual chili cook-off at Mid-Carolina Gun Club. IMG_5671.jpg
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Strangely, I missed your posts. Now I'm questioning myself.
    Last edited by Avenger; 01-16-2024 at 07:56 PM.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I parked at the strip club $5 cover and they had free hot dogs and parking was free.
    Strip club!!?? Where is this strip club?

Strip club!!?? Where is this strip club?
    Lol....never mind. Found it!!

Lol....never mind. Found it!!
    Best boat show parking in town
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

I randomly found this post and saw all the W126/R107 Mercedes Content. I have a 1991 560 SEC, I really believe this era was "peak Mercedes". The W140/R129 cars are awesome too but they don't quite have the grace and style of the 126 and 107. IMG_2692.jpgIMG_2698.jpg IMG_2656.jpgA
    Last edited by Jsherid1; 01-25-2024 at 07:19 PM.

No question. The 126 cars may have been the best sedans and coupes they ever made.

Maybe I should sell my Firechicken and pony up for a nice 560 SEC. My SEL was so nice.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

I bought a 90 560SEC for my daughter when she turned 16 figured I’d put her in a tank to be safe. It only had 60k on it but belonged to an airline pilot based in Orlando. It never saw a garage it was either at the airport or at his house under a bunch of oak trees. One day she calls me from school and says when she opened the door water poured out and the footwells were full. Turned out all those oak leaves filled up the drains for the windshield area and rotted out a giant hole into the passenger compartment. When it rained she wore bags over her feet because the water would pour down from underneath the dash.her friends at school called her the U Boat captain

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976