Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Engine Room 1989 41

I am getting closer to pulling engines for rebuild and would like to remove cable master to gain room around starboard engine for physical convenience on 1989 41. Any reason known not to? I know the system is nice to have , but I like to get around in engine rooms.Transformer not so bad, but would like to put that on wall or ceiling on starboard side. I would also appreciate some input on stainless exhaust riser, can I reduce and build a surge tube extension for engines instead of having the large and heavy looped system now? Thanks

Re: Engine Room 1989 41

Cable-master tubs and equipment does eat up a lot of room. Do you have a good place in mind for shore power cables storage on deck?

Transformers are heavy. Bulkhead or overhead mounting I would recommend against.
    Any better place to relocate it to?

Re: Engine Room 1989 41

I am reaching out on experience of 6V92 engine removal and asking if I can leave heads on port engine, having removed exhaust manifolds/ fuel cooler and front heat exchanger and still get engine out of 29" door? Starboard engine has both heads removed, as one was cracked and is being replaced. The measurements are tight and I am sure I can lift one side of motor for room creation, but wanted to ask if others have been faced with this concern. I know I could have done a inframe, but want to pull, rebuild and paint engines and engine room floor. Also want to remove old Floscan and seek out other options on that,as well.New engines too expensive and as senior member pointed out really not worth it in fair comparison. Thanks for respected input.