Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: new hatteras boats

First, I love all classic Hatteras boats. Somewhere in the 90’s or 2000’s they stopped being what they were from the beginning. Then some odd looking SF designs that looked like they were trying to keep up with I don’t know who. While I’m sure some appreciated the new designs they were not appealing to me. All while custom Carolina’s and other low production builders were putting out some really nice classic lined modern boats. I’ve been waiting for hatteras to get back to its roots, not for something I would be likely to buy but for my sons down the road who like everyone here makes due with used pre loved boats. Viking clearly owns the mainstream convertible market. MY’s, I’m guessing many choices too.

All that said I’m still rooting for hatteras to return to former glory. Not a legendary brand but the actual legend. Proud to own and be caretaker for our 1966 34 and our “new” 1982 46.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Ralph, didn’t take it that way at all. Just pointing out we were of the same mind on this. Sometimes I am not sure how well I communicate with the written word.

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    Ralph, didn’t take it that way at all. Just pointing out we were of the same mind on this. Sometimes I am not sure how well I communicate with the written word.
    It is usually me with the poor typing/com skills.

We are in the same mind brother.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 01-09-2024 at 09:47 PM.

The few boats pumped out over the last 4-5 years were pretty decent. Think they're good looking, fast, rode well (much better than Vikings), great interiors, decent engine room, etc. The Bass Pro World folks didn't need to do anything but tweak some stuff to make them even better, and also actually get a bunch built. Never will be able to understand why they destroyed the MY molds and quit that part of the business. Funny thing is Viking hasn't been able to figure out the MY business after multiple tries and investing millions.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Sounds like propaganda to attract investment money. You don’t get rid of the brain trust if you’re going to keep the company alive. Bet now that they have the bricks and mortar they’re going to try to spin the brand off to someone.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present