Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Measuring Exhaust Back Pressure

Did you check fuel intake hose and make sure not pinched do to heat, bend, or possible de-lamination inside old hose ? I had a Onan have this problem because of sound shield pinching fuel intake hose and caused heavy smoke. Northern Lights are pretty bullet proof! just another inspection before you realize you need metric tools!

Re: Measuring Exhaust Back Pressure

Thanks. With my QSM11 main engines, I've learned to speak metric. Got the half moon metric gear wrench set - invaluable tools.

I got the head back from the machine shop today after having a valve job done. I'm just waiting for the head gasket to come in and I'll put it back together. I soaked the pistons in a decarb solution for a week or so, cleaned the remains out of the cylinders, and then added a quarter inch or so of Kroil to each cylinder. I'm trying to clean up any carbon that may have found it's way into the rings. I suspect that the engine may not have been broken in properly when it was new. Once it's back together I'm going to put a good load on it and run the piss out of it for a day or two.

I'll double check the fuel supply lines, but I don't think there's any problem there.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau