Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1983 61 CPMY Owners - need a little help

One of my projects for the weekend entails determining the make and model of our radar gear and connected equipment. So far I'm not have a lot of luck.

Spokw with Furuno tech support Friday and they said...

- the model of the open array is on the gearbox (there are actually no visible markings anywhere on the exterior of the unit, and the wife refuses to let me climb up there and get a closer inspection)

- the model of the MFD can be found on the back (which means taking it out of the NavPod)

- the model of the network sounder is printed on the back (success!)

- the model of the transducer is likely on a label near the transducer

That last one is my current headache. The cable runs from the network sounder (underside of the upper helm console) down the inside of the flybridge bulkhead on the starboard side, down a conduit to the forward end of the starboard engine room...where it disappears into a hole in the forward bulkhead just above the battery box. From there it would have to run forward under the midship vanity to...?

Anybody got any idea where this thing is likely to be installed? There's about 30 feet of boat forward of where that cable disappears, and all of it is covered with furniture and floors.
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas

Re: 1983 61 CPMY Owners - need a little help

Mid ship.
    Close to the mid ship shower sump or head & gen-set raw water pick ups.
    Or, other side close to the AC raw water pick ups.

The next favorite ducer location is under the shaft couplings just behind the clutches. Easier to look here first.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 12-03-2023 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks, I'll check that out.
    LONE STAR
    1983 61' CPMY
    Magnolia, Texas

Xducers are usually installed amidship and close to the keel to be as low as possible. They re rarely far forward to avoid air hitting them when on plane. They also need to be forward of any disturbance like props, struts and shaft tubes

Didn’t your surveyor record the models numbers of all electronics ? Sometimes you can go into the MFD settings and see the list of what’s in the network incl model numbers.

Did you take any picture of the hull during the survey? Any pictures included in the survey that could help you locate the Xducer?

Next haul out take a bunch of pictures so you see where stuff is
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat