Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Red face Electrical System

We have recently purchased a 1967 Hatteras 50 which is presently hibernating in Bridgeport Ct. I am trying to figure out the electrical distribution system, but it seems that any and all documentation has been lost to time. As this boat was built prior to HI numbers we can't trace anything of it's history. On the purchase contract a HIN (51214net29) was given, but this is obviously not a correct number. Hatteras said they have no record of this.
    If anyone has any suggestions of what to do next I would appreciate it. BTW, I live in Georgia so I can't pop on down to the boat at present!

Many thanks.

Re: Electrical System

Call Hatteras and order the owner's manual for any '67 Hatt50. It will have rough wiring diagrams plus other info you will like. That was the last year for the 50MY so I would be surprised if there were many changes.

Captain Ralph has today given his contact, cpiner@hatterasyachts.com, 252-634-4867. Worth a try.

I have diagrams for my 50, but it was built in 1965 so likely to have changes from yours. Mine is 12 volt.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Re: Electrical System

i had the same problem, i dont remember her name but the lady at hatteras told me to get a serial number off of something original and she could look up my hull number....i gave her the serial number off of an air conditioner compressor that looked original, she said to be patient it would take some time. well 20 minutes later she called me back with my hull number. i ordered the original owners manual from her right then.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.