Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

1979 Hatteras CPMY 86 feet Seattle $395,000

Flew in to Seattle to look at a 1979 CPMY. Pics on line looked nice. In person it was so derelict I didn’t even board it. Save your time and money and avoid this old girl. I’ve seen Bayliners abandoned in better condition. The search continues. The broker who is a nice guy and who was the Captain of the boat for 10 years told me as we were walking up to the boat the prior owner did maintenance on a shoe string budget. It showed. Would have been nice to know that before coming up. Oh well
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: 1979 Hatteras CPMY 86 feet Seattle $395,000

I looked at the photos. As you say, she looks pretty nice in them; looking at them, I would not have guessed that she would look so ratty in 'person'. A shame.

3. Re: 1979 Hatteras CPMY 86 feet Seattle $395,000

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    Flew in to Seattle to look at a 1979 CPMY. Pics on line looked nice. In person it was so derelict I didn’t even board it. Save your time and money and avoid this old girl. I’ve seen Bayliners abandoned in better condition. The search continues. The broker who is a nice guy and who was the Captain of the boat for 10 years told me as we were walking up to the boat the prior owner did maintenance on a shoe string budget. It showed. Would have been nice to know that before coming up. Oh well
    As a retired yacht broker, I suggest you make this “ nice guy” reimburse your expenses at the minimum. He’s a total liar by omission , as he didn’t tell you it’s true condition. For the life of me, I don’t understand the thinking of those total losers who even accept rat listing to begin with.

I found this to be the case in most boats we looked at. Pic's supplied were typically several years old from when the boat "looked good".

It's a shame they do this. I learned to ask "how recent are the pic's". Not that you should have to.
    If I ever get in the boat buying mode again I think I would pay for a "live walkaround" before actually going to see a boat that isn't near by. Sad sales practice for sure.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

5. Re: 1979 Hatteras CPMY 86 feet Seattle $395,000

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    I found this to be the case in most boats we looked at. Pic's supplied were typically several years old from when the boat "looked good".

It's a shame they do this. I learned to ask "how recent are the pic's". Not that you should have to.
    If I ever get in the boat buying mode again I think I would pay for a "live walkaround" before actually going to see a boat that isn't near by. Sad sales practice for sure.
    Or you could ask a surveyor who lives near the vessel to go do a quick walkthrough and take some photos for you. They charge anywhere from free to a couple hundred bucks.

I would think if the broker really wanted to sell the boat they would be happy to do a FaceTime walkthrough. And if they didn’t I would prob scratch it off my list if it were far away.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

This one showed up on craigslist, its in Vancouver but thought you might like to know:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/b...680627347.html
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"