Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

Hatteras 64 In Dania Beach

Hi All,

I recently provided feedback on a boat in my neck of the woods to a potential buyer that posted on this forum. So hoping someone can do the same for a boat located 100 miles away from me that I want to check out.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Hatteras 64 motoryacht listed here: https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/197...yacht-8920638/

I spoke to the broker, and she's a sad story of an elderly owner that lives too far away who is facing health issues in the family. He was largely working on it himself when he would come into town. Honeslty, I am not familiar with this model, didn't even know there was a Hatteras 64 in the 1970s. Was this a custom? Any information on the model line (I see Hatteras 63s with that interesting walk through engine room to get to the aft owners cabin). However, not a lot of info at all about a Hatteras 64.

I am looking for a project for a a iiveaboard scenario. She will eventually move to the Tampa area where I intend to pursue a 4 year work engagement,, and so it makes no sense to buy a house or even rent for that long given Tampa's inflated housing market right now. At the end of my work engagement, I would try and retire and she would then become my boat to do the Great Loop and Bahamas excursions. I am an experienced boater and mechanically oriented with a house with dockage behind it to hold this project. I have access to about $200k in funds for a project and intend to hold this vessel for as long as my mid-40s age body lets me.
    Last edited by night0wl; 11-05-2023 at 10:38 AM.