Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fort Lauderdale Hatteras formerly known at Topps

I'm looking at a 1989 80 foot Hatteras that was formerly known as Topps that was located in Fort Lauderdale for a few years. Are any of you familiar with the boat? It's now known as Unique Skills..
    Thanks
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: Fort Lauderdale Hatteras formerly known at Topps

95% sure I was on this boat during my search just over 5 years ago. Was named TOPPS skier off Las Olas in Ft Laud. Was donated to charity (at the time national sea turtle foundation) that had a lease-to-sale program. You lease at first and after 3 years you buy all to help seller’s tax impact. There was a story that it had a very very wealthy owner that had owned it from new. Boat seemed to have been maintained on an open checkbook, though it was a bit dated. If I’m remembering correctly it was an aftermarket cockpit meaning the running gear and keel ended before the cockpit starts. The running gear, lease program and I was trying to stick to 71-series detroits kept me away but it was a nice boat. Look about 1/3 down the web page below and you’ll see what I think is the boat. Due to maintenance levels alone I should have bought it. https://donatetheboattocharity.com/Lease-a-Yacht.aspx
    Last edited by firbanks; 10-29-2023 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Sp