Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

the FIRST Hatteras 58 LRC is for sale

I'm the owner of Turtle IV, the first Hatteras 58 LRC. She is in remarkable condition, and truly ready to cruise. She is in a covered slip in Guntersville AL on the Tennessee River. If you are interested, or know someone looking for one of these fine yachts, please see the listing here:
    https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/197...8-lrc-9087225/

Video here: https://youtu.be/D2e4Ajl2GQM?si=D9MOz6d1brhCche1
    Engine cold start video: https://youtu.be/VzRN2UMldKk?si=Rlgv-X5FAfmPUPCK
    Tons of photos, from the 5 years ago when we bought he up to now: https://photos.app.goo.gl/j2bvaLYZJPyxfMM99

She has always been properly taken care of and is not restored, but as close to original as you can get, with careful upgrades where necessary. We are the third owners and have kept this tradition.
    Message me or contact my broker through the listing. Thank you!
    Last edited by TurtleIV; 11-25-2023 at 08:42 AM.

Re: the FIRST Hatteras 58 LRC is for sale

We just got back from the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show. Looking at all the beautiful new yachts makes me even more thankful for the experience of owning Turtle IV. She has allowed us to have very similar experiences to what we would have enjoyed owning something like a Fleming 58, and has been reliable and easy to maintain within our budget. The older Hatteras yachts look pretty good compared to the new stuff, and represent an incredible bargain.

Message me if you want to know more about Turtle IV. Have a great day!

Completely agree! Better looking than most new as well.
    Out of curiousity, what is the overall range? I know you mention 2k on the main tank.

These LRC are basically taking a Hatt hull and making it like a trawler right? Instead of getting up on plane, they go for smaller engines operating at lower RPM for longevity? Use that extra space to make interior accommodations better/bigger? Seems like they'd be perfect great loop boats. Are they capable of doing high(er) lattitude like British Columbia/Alaskan fjords? Is that in their design brief or something else?

Nothing like the motoryacht hull.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by night0wl View Post
    These LRC are basically taking a Hatt hull and making it like a trawler right? Instead of getting up on plane, they go for smaller engines operating at lower RPM for longevity? Use that extra space to make interior accommodations better/bigger? Seems like they'd be perfect great loop boats. Are they capable of doing high(er) lattitude like British Columbia/Alaskan fjords? Is that in their design brief or something else?
    totally different hull than the motoryachts of the same length
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

@Timeless72 : Total fuel capacity of all 5 tanks in the 58 LRC is about 2400 gallons. We burn 4gph including the generator at 8 knots cruise, so theoretical range is 4800nm minus reserve.
    We only use the forward middle tank which is 1100 gal. On our trip from Ft Lauderdale around the keys and across the gulf, up the Tenn-Tom to Lake Guntersville, we burned a little over half of that tank's capacity.

The LRC is a totally different boat from a MY. The hull is a true displacement design, much rounder and deeper, and the bow is 3 or 4 ft higher from the water. We have a 58 MY docked next to us and the difference is quite clear. The layout is also different, the LRC has a Portuguese Bridge, a separate pilothouse and galley in the front of the salon. The Master cabin is full-beam all the way aft, under the aft deck and forward of the cockpit. It is accessed by a stairwell at the aft of the salon. The engine room is full-beam also, just ahead of the master cabin and under the salon.

Thanks for the details. Truly, a different world, in comparison. I would have loved something of this size and range but the maintenance and other costs are out of reach. At least, in the way I prefer to maintain a boat. Someone will really appreciate her!!

Hi Turtle IV,I am the owner of 58 LRC Hull#2. I just wanted to say I’ve always admired your 58 with the special features that no other 58LRC has for example the corner table in your salon. Anyways best of luck with the sale she’s beautiful and I’m sure she won’t be on the market long.Alex S.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302
    Little River, South Carolina

As to where you could go with a 58 LRC, if I'm not mistaken, several years ago in the Nordhavn Atlantic Rally, one of the boats that crossed the Atlantic was a Hatteras LRC- I can't recall if it was a 58 or a 65. From the USA, they went first to Bermuda, then Horta, and then into the Med. This was quite a while ago. I don't think the vent has been done again since.