Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

54' Motor Yacht 1987 for sale, Savannah GA

Time moves on, and so must I. This classic 54' met my requirements: large and comfortable, can slip under that RR bridge in Chicago (arch down), can be single-handed, economical cruise at hull speed, with the 1987 design improvements on the multitude of 53s (wider beam, fly bridge ladder at main helm, et al).

My retirement goal was to make the Great Loop around the eastern USA. Did it, got the photos and receipts, didn't have any problems. Goal accomplished. Cruised most of the loop solo. The exceptions were the Erie Canal and Welland Canal where two or three people are required on board. The center line helm, P&S side doors, walk around side deck (and some pre-planning) made operation and docking easy. The more recently installed bow thruster was quite helpful.

The interior has the Hatteras limed oak paneling for a lighter finish. The engines - happily - emit no smoke and have proved to be reliable.

The yacht is presently listed with United Yacht Sales, photos and details are shown there. Interested persons may contact my email: tomthomason3@gmail.com

I've enjoyed my time on the 54 greatly and would like to see the next owner being someone who appreciates Jack Hargrave's design and the Hatteras solid-built reputation.

Re: 54' Motor Yacht 1987 for sale, Savannah GA

Is this the yacht in Savanah?
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

John: Correct, at the Isle of Hope Marina on the ICW in the southern suburbs of Savannah,

John,

Beautiful boat. Do you know the total length of this boat? I need to fit in my 54x20 covered marina slip. thanks.

Hello cnairn: the boat is 54' x 17' 6" beam. There is a swim platform that adds a couple of feet, but that doesn't mind being outside in the rain. Height above W/L is about 24' and the draft is about 4 1/2' TomT

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    Time moves on, and so must I. This classic 54' met my requirements: large and comfortable, can slip under that RR bridge in Chicago (arch down), can be single-handed, economical cruise at hull speed, with the 1987 design improvements on the multitude of 53s (wider beam, fly bridge ladder at main helm, et al).

My retirement goal was to make the Great Loop around the eastern USA. Did it, got the photos and receipts, didn't have any problems. Goal accomplished. Cruised most of the loop solo. The exceptions were the Erie Canal and Welland Canal where two or three people are required on board. The center line helm, P&S side doors, walk around side deck (and some pre-planning) made operation and docking easy. The more recently installed bow thruster was quite helpful.

The interior has the Hatteras limed oak paneling for a lighter finish. The engines - happily - emit no smoke and have proved to be reliable.

The yacht is presently listed with United Yacht Sales, photos and details are shown there. Interested persons may contact my email: tomthomason3@gmail.com

I've enjoyed my time on the 54 greatly and would like to see the next owner being someone who appreciates Jack Hargrave's design and the Hatteras solid-built reputation.
    Too soon for us, but we had a 54' (1986) and Ian took her from us last year. Beautiful, handled well, and even without the bow thruster she was easy to maneuver.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL