Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

52C Trim Tab Cylinders

Does anyone known what's under there?I get a bottom job next week and need to replace those little buggers. I put a new Leveler pump on last year, but haven't had it out to do the leaky cylinder.I'm guessing any heavy duty cylinders will do. 2 1/4 inch throw?? I'll call Sam's tomorrow if I get a minute.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Re: 52C Trim Tab Cylinders

I found a pic from when I put new cutlass bearings in. Anyone remember buying these?20211206_083459.jpg
    1984 52C

they look like standard bennett trim tab cylinders
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    they look like standard bennett trim tab cylinders
    Thanks Bill.

I think they're these. But I have to order them now to have them when she's pulled on Monday. With my luck, I'll order 4 of them and they'll be half an inch too long or something.

If nobody with a 52C chimes-in and Sam's doesn't call back tomorrow, I'll just order 4 and hope for the best!

I used to have a Marine Supply store right here for this kinda' thing, but the Ian flood was 5' deep in there and it doesn't exist anymore.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/boa1272...SABEgLDdvD_BwE
    boa12727-2.jpg
    1984 52C

I have been able to rebuild those cylinders. All that's inside is a spring and an 0 ring on the piston. A little tricky to reassemble because you have to compress the cylinder as you screw the top back on.

Walt Hoover

My 88 has the standard throw Bennetts, I just replaced mine. That Doesn't look like them. Sorry
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Thumbs up Re: 52C Trim Tab Cylinders

Thanks for chiming-in everybody. The water cleared-up enough (no rain for a week) that I was able to run a tape measure down there. They're the standard 7.25" long cylinders. They're pretty cheap and I can grab them off the shelf at one of the stores not destroyed by Ian.

With a new bottom, the new props I put on last year and properly functioning tabs, I'm looking forward to some good fishing this winter. The house is almost done with the big renovation and it's time to live again!
    1984 52C

They look like Insta-trim boat leveler cylinders.