Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted: 56'-63' Motor Yacht with Galley Up

I am looking to buy an 80's era 61' Motor Yacht or 63' Motor Yacht, largely because those models have the room we're looking for and a galley-up layout. The 60' Extended Deckhouse also fills the bill.

I am not a broker. My wife and I are planning to take it to the Potomac D.C. area and retire on it.

Suggestions for alternatives in that length are welcome, as long as the galley is up.

The 58' Motor Yacht with the galley up layout is desirable, but we are searching for something a little bit bigger, both in terms of length and beam.

If you or someone you know is thinking of selling, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Feel free to call me or DM me.

Paul Johnson
    770.271.7719 (Atlanta)

2. Re: Wanted: 56'-63' Motor Yacht with Galley Up

Quote Originally Posted by PJ411 View Post
    I am looking to buy an 80's era 61' Motor Yacht or 63' Motor Yacht, largely because those models have the room we're looking for and a galley-up layout. The 60' Extended Deckhouse also fills the bill.

I am not a broker. My wife and I are planning to take it to the Potomac D.C. area and retire on it.

Suggestions for alternatives in that length are welcome, as long as the galley is up.

The 58' Motor Yacht with the galley up layout is desirable, but we are searching for something a little bit bigger, both in terms of length and beam.

If you or someone you know is thinking of selling, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Feel free to call me or DM me.

Paul Johnson
    770.271.7719 (Atlanta)
    Did I read this right? You live in Atlanta, but are planning to retire in the DC area? That’s a new one. For the fresh air and clear water, the quiet of no aircrafts above you, the weather, the abundance of marinas that allow liveaboards, the convenience of boatyards?
    Last edited by Retired1; 09-14-2023 at 01:44 PM.

Re: Wanted: 56'-63' Motor Yacht with Galley Up

Here is a 63' galley down with a $400,000 refit a year ago.
    1987 Hatteras 63' Soulmate Tour | 26 North Yachts - YouTube
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

< Did I read this right? You live in Atlanta, but are planning to retire in the DC area? That’s a new one. >

Family trumps weather and traffic.
    Last edited by PJ411; 09-14-2023 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    Here is a 63' galley down with a $400,000 refit a year ago.
    A beautiful boat! Why are they selling for $449K after spending $400K on it a year ago?

Sadly, I can't consider it. GALLEY UP is non-negotiable. I like to eat, and the cook has certain demands.
    Last edited by PJ411; 09-14-2023 at 08:23 PM.

They decided living aboard was not for them. They drove the boat from San Francisco through the Panama Canal, got to Florida and decided they wanted to be land lubbers again.
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

I saw this boat online as well. the hours appear high... has anything been done to the 12v 72's ? what hours should be expected on those engines..? was curious that they did a 400g refit and no mention of anything done to the engines..?

The engines run perfectly. No smoke at start up ever. They are tuned and run great. Last oil analysis was perfect. NO leaks either which is rare for a Detroit Diesel. Last I heard they had 3400 hours on both mains. I spent $20,000 a few years ago having the engines tuned and running as perfect as they could for a 1987 diesel.
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee