Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: AC drain sump/ Bilge Pump repair???

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Love it, nice to see what I consider an all the way proper repair done. Best of all installing an Ultra switch.
    I did all of the bilge pump areas this winter. Clean, repair, paint, new pumps, hose, and ultras. We were back to cruising last weekend and it felt great. Did Cricket get any work this winter???
    Attached Images
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Not to much for a change. Had to fix the floor in the master closet that had some rot from the AC condensate pan which turned into new plywood tabbed to the hull and sistering a few deck beams. Never going to rot again with all of the glass we added. Also inside doing some padded walls and wallpaper in the cabins and new vanity counters/tops. In the ER new fuel coolers, alternators, starters and some additional engine plumbing. Really would like to add a sonar but haven't been able to con myself into spending that much $$$$.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    Those holes were there a while and from time to time I would get the super smelly water come up from below. It would smell awful when you vacuumed it out. And sometimes It would stay dry for months. I am not sure where it will go now if it accumulates, it sounds like you may know?
    Well for what it's worth I chased a mystery water accumulation in my generator room from when we bought Pau Hana until about a year later - I sat in the gen room and ran the dishwasher, and discovered drain hose had a split on the back side against the hull about 6 inches before the thru-hull fitting. It only opened when the dishwasher was draining, I'm guessing due to pressure(?). Since this was also my galley sink drain, I replaced entire hose from coupling to thru-hull. That mystery leak was solved, which was what led to further repairs I posted earlier. But yours looks much nicer than mine did.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL