Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Re: Marina suggestion - east and west coast of Florida

I hear Hilton Head is nice.
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 03-26-2023 at 04:13 PM.

Re: Marina suggestion - east and west coast of Florida

When I get mad at my Yacht Club raising our prices, I show them Riviera Dunes in Bradenton as a comp. First class marina with rental rates that suited my failed argument.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1985 62 CPMY (54 MY with ext)
    Tampa

Riviera Dunes is the most protected marina I know of for storm protection. I keep my 46 there for storm season.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

As previously stated here, you can forget about the Cape Coral/Ft Myers area!
    Up river marina's there have waiting lists in the hundreds! It will be years before there will be any marina slips are available there. The wait to have your dock removed and replaced is two years! Every dock and lift on the river there was destroyed. They are still removing boats. It took until three weeks ago to get mine out of the yard!! That's five months after Ian! I still don't have garbage cans from the city for the house that got washed away! Sad to say that it will be years before the Ft Myers marinas and area are back in business.

Unhappy Re: Marina suggestion - east and west coast of Florida

The Clearwater beach marina is going to totally rebuild the 160 slip commercial and private space.
    Scheduled to start at the end of this year.
    Many boats will be displaced and undoubtedly rates will increase.

Quote Originally Posted by rob71 View Post
    The Clearwater beach marina is going to totally rebuild the 160 slip commercial and private space.
    Scheduled to start at the end of this year.
    Many boats will be displaced and undoubtedly rates will increase.
    Oh snap! When does that start? One of our favorite local weekend trips. Sign up for your slip for as many years at a time to secure it. Golden location and also very protected. Well, as long as the Gulf water stays in the Gulf!
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP