Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ceiling light bulbs for 74 double cabin 38

Hi all.... A very long shot i know but... Anyone have an idea where i can get the light bulbs found on the ceiling in the main salon... For a 74 double cabin 38

the light bulbs now are probable originals... About 17 inches long and they have discs that attached to the ends of the bulb that then plugs into the outlets in the ceiling...

Thansk in adance!!!!

John
    1974 Hatteras 38 Double CabinHull 3610474On the hard in Demopolis, ALAnd74 Hatteras 58 FishermanOn the hard in Demopolis, AL

Re: Ceiling light bulbs for 74 double cabin 38

Quote Originally Posted by julianj08 View Post
    Hi all.... A very long shot i know but... Anyone have an idea where i can get the light bulbs found on the ceiling in the main salon... For a 74 double cabin 38

the light bulbs now are probable originals... About 17 inches long and they have discs that attached to the ends of the bulb that then plugs into the outlets in the ceiling...

Thansk in adance!!!!

John
    picture? Voltage?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Send photos.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Those bulbs were hard to find 10 years ago when I had to replace mine. There are clips on either end (black disks with copper prongs), pry out and are used on the new set of bulbs. Make sure you take them out before disposing of the old bulbs, they are very hard to find. Remember a member on here posting these are similar to bulbs used in old Juke Boxes, which he was into restoring. The clips are even harder to find then the light bulbs, or at least they were. If you really come up short on finding replacements PM me, I may have some in storage space, can't remember if I saved them after I replaced all lights and head liner.
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

I actually found OEM bulbs thru Amazon for our boat, but you may consider updating the fixtures to newer equipment. PO for our boat had replaced bulbs with LED plug-ins, but they turned out to be a fire hazard as the fixtures were 24V but the LEDs were supposed to be dual voltage 12/24V. I removed them and replaced with OEM halogens.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I removed all the fluorescent bulbs and installed magnetic LED light strips. Simple and economical
    Last edited by ageless; 03-24-2023 at 10:33 AM.
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

They are called lumiline incandescent lamps. If you find replacements they will be very old stock, very expensive and will not last long. I saved the fixtures and rewired them for dimmable led lamps.

Walt Hoover