Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 1977 53MY Punta Gorda Fl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaf View Post
    Thank you all so much! It is so comforting to have you affirm what I was thinking. SKYCHENEY, you hit the nail on the head, it was Walstrom. They really run an operation there. The heated storage is nice as they just put up a new building, but it is obscene what we paid. We are getting on a few other waiting lists, but until we secure something else, we are stuck. I actually had to look up where Montague is located. That is really a sweet setup with the inland lake so close to Lake Michigan. Will send PM. CWW, thank you for your reassurance! I guess without adding up the numbers all I can say is that I truly love her so good deal. If Jim has 20 years on his bottom job, sounds good to me. We do not plan on anymore hard travel, we had enough bringing her north. Foresee only Great Lakes from here, mostly Superior. But then who knows... if any of you get up here, please send me a PM. Would love to meet with like minded folks.
    Planning on a Superior trip this summer. Our son works in Baraga.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: 1977 53MY Punta Gorda Fl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaf View Post
    This is my first post, so please be kind as to my errors. I saw the post regarding the 58MY in Stuart. So it appears many of you keep your eyes on the market. Have been looking for a 53MY for a while and today viewed a 1977 53MY in Punta Gorda. I am sure you all have seen it on yacht world. It showed better than the photos. But as stated in the description, the starboard is "hydra locked". I would be grateful for a reference to a good DD old timer in that area. I welcome all comments.
    If it's the boat I think it is, it was at MethHead Marina in North Ft Myers until Hurricane Ian, when it was the only boat in that marina that didn't sink. The boat I saw was sitting with wing doors open to the weather, and was about 40 yards from the Bus 41 NB bridge at that facility. After the hurricane, once the boat that sank blocking it in was pulled out of the way, it was towed out under cover of darkness, and i don't know where it wound up. But in all fairness, please be very skeptical of a 53' or 58' in Fort Myers/Punta Gorda. I am still in Ft Myers if you need someone to do a drive-by. Im just a month past second knee replacement so not able to go bilge-crawling yet.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL