Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Floscans (again)

Our model 7500 Floscan head has lost it's digital tach feature - can't see the tach numbers. The GPH and engine time are still working fine - as is the starboard gauge. Floscan is of course now totally different, and has a new gauge for $900 that they say "will work". Of course it won't match, hooks up and programs differently - and I'm skeptical that in the end I will be able to get it calibrated to match the existing system.

Wondering if anyone has taken out an older Floscan system (7000 or 7500) and wants to sell a gauge?

Or other wise advice?

Thanks!
    Moon Howler

2. Re: Floscans (again)

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    Does it display zeros or nothing at all? Did the backlight fail?

Mine use a cable to go to the tach sender, and I am always suspicious of mechanical parts wearing out (as my cables have done).

If it is a missing signal, I might start by cross coupling inputs from the working side.

But if the meter has failed displays, perhaps the guy on eBay that restores LCDs can help with that, otherwise used parts from eBay itself.

DAN
    Thanks, Dan, It's the LCD display that has gone out. Sometimes you can make out the numbers faintly... Good idea for finding someone that restores LCDs. Will look in that direction...

Re: Floscans (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonhowler View Post
    Thanks, Dan, It's the LCD display that has gone out. Sometimes you can make out the numbers faintly... Good idea for finding someone that restores LCDs. Will look in that direction...
    There are shops on e-bat that services the LCDs.

Flo-Scan rebuilt my gauges about a year before they went under. They may still offer those services since they re-opened. If not try Max Marine Electronics or Flight Systems. They may be able to rebuild the LCD. Both have done work for me. In fact Max did the screen on an autopilot for me one time.

5. Re: Floscans (again)

Thanks to all for responses. The legacy owners of Floscan aren't doing repairs on the older units. I am in contact with the Ebay guy and feel he may be able to fix it. Will report. This forum is great!

Look up GaugeSavers.com and ask them if they can fix them. They've done quite a lot of gauges for me and my buddies. Great company and they work like new when you get them back, provided its a fixable LCD issue. They also do many other types of gauge, MFD, digital barometers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Look up GaugeSavers.com and ask them if they can fix them. They've done quite a lot of gauges for me and my buddies. Great company and they work like new when you get them back, provided its a fixable LCD issue. They also do many other types of gauge, MFD, digital barometers, etc.
    I often wondered about this shop. They are rite up the road from me and I pass their shop often.
    They have the FloScan tag on their web page.
    I'll have to stop by one day.

gaugesaver.com
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 10-19-2022 at 02:39 PM.

Luckily for you, no shipping fees there and back!

You will be impressed with their work.

Yeah? I have floscans on the flybridge and at night they're a pain, the backlight on one is going in and out. Do you think your guy can fix the backlight?

You'd have to call them and ask about that.