Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Replacing forward shower system/hardware - rec's needed

New Hatteras owner here - she's a 1974 53' Motor Yacht...
    The forward shower hardware is old and needs replacing to be functional. I'm looking for one with a mounted slider bar for the shower head. There's a handful out there, but I'm not sure what is best or what I need connection-wise. Here's a photo of the current situation. Recommendations please
    - Jennifer
    IMG_9778 copy.jpg

Re: Replacing forward shower system/hardware - rec's needed

Pick one that you will like, the home models can get very large. Try to get a smaller unit. Also be careful of not drilling through the back wall when mounting the screws.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Hopefully you have good access to the backside for removal. I have found my original plumbing connections were impossible to undo so almost everything was cut and replaced with pex and sharkbite fittings. I assume you will be doing something with the wall the shower controls are on to hide the holes.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

If it is installed the same way as in our 58 yachtfish, the plumbing connections Are in the wood box in the v-berth. It's only about three feet tall. So make sure The new setup does not need hook up higher than that or you will need a taller box To hide the plumbing.