Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

I finally found a refrigerator!

Well, after three months of searching for a refrigerator that would fit down the companionway stairs in my 45C, I have just found one. For those of you with a hall width of 25.5", the cabinet depth was the deciding factor. The Hotpoint I had is no longer made, now its 26" deep. So I found a Maytag 15 cu.ft. that's 25.25" deep (supposedly). For those of you interested, this is where I ordered it from.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ARW&lpage=none

Jason

Re: I finally found a refrigerator!

Quote Originally Posted by J's Dream
    Well, after three months of searching for a refrigerator that would fit down the companionway stairs in my 45C, I have just found one. For those of you with a hall width of 25.5", the cabinet depth was the deciding factor. The Hotpoint I had is no longer made, now its 26" deep. So I found a Maytag 15 cu.ft. that's 25.25" deep (supposedly). For those of you interested, this is where I ordered it from.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ARW&lpage=none

Jason
    I also bought a reefer from Lowe's for my 45c. I got a Whirlpool 15 cu ft. What sold me on it was the fact that it had full-depth shelf supports molded into the inside plastic cabinet sides instead of the usual peg rack with cantilever shelf supports on the back of the inner cabinet. I learned the hard way with one bad storm and a fully-loaded fridge that those cantilever supports don't hold up when the chips are really down. You don't want to know the mess!
    -- Paul

I am in the need of a new frig for my 1990 45c. the old one works fine but it is time to upgrade to new. the boat is taken apart right now for repower and I think the timming is good to replace the frig.

I am told that the hallway is 24 1/2 wide. the space i have to work with is 70 3/4 H 24 1/8 W AND 24 3/8 D.
    thanks chris

Chris,

I got my fridge in last weekend. What a nightmare. Naturally, nothing goes as planned. A 10 minute install took 2 hours and its still not done. The fridge was 25.25", but the companionway wall is not lined up straight with the hallway, and apparently the new Maytag doesn't bend around curves. I had to remove the handrail, no problem, and then a teak trim piece. Someone glued it on before they nailed it in place, so now that trim piece is in 10 pieces. Even with the extra width from removing the trim, I still had to force it down the hall enigh to gouge the hell out of my new teak walls. So, now after sanding and two more coats of varnish, it almost looks OK...another couple coats should complete it.

If you only have 24", you're looking at a compact fridge (about 11 cu. ft.), HD and Lowe's should both have catalogs for you to order from.

Jason