Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Air Conditioning Circulation Pumps Problem

HIPS is high pressure. Without digital controls, you may have to reset a manual pressure switch on condenser. It sure if the cruisairs have them, my boat came with Ocean Breeze and they had resettable high pressure switch. Like a push to reset breaker

Yea sometimes sea weed get stuck in the slots. Again it depends on what you have.

Two highly recommended air con upgrades: electronic controls and south bay stouts bay strainers on the air con intake.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    HIPS is high pressure. Without digital controls, you may have to reset a manual pressure switch on condenser. It sure if the cruisairs have them, my boat came with Ocean Breeze and they had resettable high pressure switch. Like a push to reset breaker

Yea sometimes sea weed get stuck in the slots. Again it depends on what you have.

Two highly recommended air con upgrades: electronic controls and south bay stouts bay strainers on the air con intake.
    Thanks Pascal, I found a drain flushing contraption at the hard ware store than allows you to hook a garden hose into a drain and apply water pressure via a garden hose. I'm going to see if it will fit in the sea strainer and blow it out backwards. I will look for the reset button also!

Thanks for the input.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

You don’t need anything fancy. I typically clamp a piece of hose over the dock hose nozzle and have a bunch of fittings handy so I can go to a larger size if needed.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat