Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Can I convert older gauges that are analog to digital signals to read my 3208 to nmea

I have a 1983 32 sf with cat 2 3208t. Iam looking to upgrade my gauges and possible turning the analog signal into digital signal so I can see them on my Chart plotter and fish finder. The boat has cable driven tachs that run the glendenon synchronizer . Iam looking to read the tachs also. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Can I convert older gauges that are analog to digital signals to read my 3208 to

I have a friend that converted his Bertrams 12V71's to digital via a N2K network box he had custom built. I think he said Lauderdale Speedometer did it if I recall. I haven't seen the set up yet but I believe he said they made a box that took the analog sender data and converted it to a signal that could be read on the NMEA network

Re: Can I convert older gauges that are analog to digital signals to read my 3208 to

I can put you in touch with the engineer that designs and fabricates systems for Lauderdale Speedometer.
    Let me know if you’d like his info.

I would appreciate that. I called them they just said go to their website. I did but I have no clue what I need. I needed a salesman that will tell me what I need to order from them. Thanks I also asked him about my shaft driven tachs and he had no answer again but to go to web site.

Ok, look for a private message.

I ve been playing with the idea of doing this with my C series but I think it s only worth it if you have enough helm space to use dedicated screens for the engine displays. Otherwise you taking valuable screen space away from navigation data

Personally I like having one screen for radar and one for plotter. Overlays and split screens aren’t as detailed especially since I usually run the radar and plotter and different ranges
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

We did this for our 6V92, when we repainted the boat about 3 years ago. When we bout the boat, all gages were pretty deteriorated and did not work so instead of buying new gages, we installed 2 Simrad 9" MFD's and used a converter from Noland Engineering (https://nolandeng.com/) to convert our analog signals to NMEA2000.

Btw, our tack signals I believe were taken from the Glendinning synchro.

Good luck,
    JCG