Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 8V71TI air intake socks

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I also went K&N filters but I ran the hose from the Racor CCV into the end of the K&N, not the side. It doesn't really matter where you connect.
    Ah, it must have been your picture then. Sorry I could not remember where I saw it. I liked it.
    My design from years ago, I was trying to get max vacuum. Who knows if it works.
    I think I asked for some input a ways ago. I settled on the tube on the side vs the middle. But, what the heck, Something to do in the engine room.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Ah, it must have been your picture then. Sorry I could not remember where I saw it. I liked it.
    My design from years ago, I was trying to get max vacuum. Who knows if it works.
    I think I asked for some input a ways ago. I settled on the tube on the side vs the middle. But, what the heck, Something to do in the engine room.
    I never considered going into the side of the filter, but that works too. I suppose what ever is easier/shorter route.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks for the response. End of the K &N it is. I punched a hole in the end of the stock can and it seems to work. Should be fine on K& N too.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I never considered going into the side of the filter, but that works too. I suppose what ever is easier/shorter route.
    So, the next question for my notes; What sized turbo inlet did you have and what filter part number did you use?
    ,rc