Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Galley Maid Toilet stops working - seems pumpout related

My daughter and SIL recently bought a '79 37C and are still learning the systems. Twice now the Galley Maid toilet has stopped flushing - no water in and nothing get pumped out. Both times it has happened were when they had the tank pumped out. They haven't found any sort of tank tender gauge so they are not sure how full the holding tank was.

Anybody familiar with some sort of cutout system that defeats the toilet if the tank is full? Seems awfully coincidental that both pumps quit at the same time then start working again about an hour later.

They may weigh in with more detail once they see this. They're out on Block Island for the week, so its a bit concerning.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Galley Maid Toilet stops working - seems pumpout related

Most likely a bad stator. Easily changed. Look on YouTube for Galley Maid rebuild.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Is that typically an internal component requiring removal and disassembly or a remotely mounted unit?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

You can do it in place if you have enough room. Make sure to close the sea cock.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the help.

Have a couple of Galley Maid toilet pumps 32V around. Need one? or a few for spares? Also new rubber inserts availeable. I´m converting to 12V and don´t want to dump them. 100,-€ each + shipping...Yes, I am in Europe, so shipping will einther take time or cost some.

Thanks for the offer, but it is 12v.

Are you hearing the pump operate? Or do you hear it pumping and there is no pumping?

My head has been occasionally not emptying the bowl. Normally after a bit of time it works Today it’s not taking any water from the bowl. I will be ordering the required parts but my bowl is full and when I pull the big hose from the pump I’m afraid it will empty the bowl itself. Can anyone confirm the effects of gravity before I have another mess to clean up.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.