Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 8D 8V battery replacements

13 years on my Rolls.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

No doubt Rolls last longer but you re not in SoFl
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

You guys and this thread remain great. Thanks for the info.

I went to golf carts when my time came and have seen no performance difference. Cabling change, but that was it. With size reduction, I got a box back on each side for filters, etc.
    What Pascal said. and Ralph. X3. Bought and shipped from DC battery, Miami. https://www.dcbattery.com/index.html
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

My starboard bank(8V21's) bit the dust. Got 4 1/2 years out of them in the Louisiana and Florida heat on a Charles C boiler charger. Replaced the port bank with GC8's last summer. Looks like I will be doing the same with this bank.

I went with Trojan 890's for my starboard 32v bank
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
    I went to golf carts when my time came and have seen no performance difference. Cabling change, but that was it. With size reduction, I got a box back on each side for filters, etc.
    What Pascal said. and Ralph. X3. Bought and shipped from DC battery, Miami. https://www.dcbattery.com/index.html
    Which cart batteries/specs did you go with? My Dekas are from 2016 and are just about ready for replacement. I am also thinking of upgrading to a newer smart charger. Recommendations?
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

Quote Originally Posted by RJM View Post
    Which cart batteries/specs did you go with? My Dekas are from 2016 and are just about ready for replacement. I am also thinking of upgrading to a newer smart charger. Recommendations?
    I ve always had good luck with pro mariner. I have two Pronautic on my 53, a 24-30 for house and a 12-30 for the C series and the gen.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Ageless,

Can you tell me how the Trojans are working out? I have a bit of time, but considering them, FullRiver and US Battery....

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    I went with Trojan 890's for my starboard 32v bank

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Here in SoFl I usually get 4 to 5 years out my batteries. Doesn’t matter if they’re 8v, 6v or 12v… in 12v, 24v, 32v or 48v banks, whether LA, AGM or gels.. 4 to 5 years it is.
    I'm in the decade + camp with Sky having rolls and I'm in new england. What do you account for the low life of batteries? engine room temp alone?