Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paint Color

Paint Color

Does anyone know what Alexseal white paint color would best match a 1985 Hatteras MotorYacht?

Re: Paint Color

What did you end up using?
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

sorry i'm late to this but i am using oyster white and it is pretty close to what was on the boat....my paint was not original so i have no idea what it was
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Best I can tell my paint is original. I recently reviewed pages and pages of comments, but no definitive answer other than custom match.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

My paint is/was original 1985 Imron and Oyster White was a good match. I had a custom match done when I did my window frames and I believe it was Vanilla White. I cannot tell the difference between the two and they touch in my flybridge

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    My paint is/was original 1985 Imron and Oyster White was a good match. I had a custom match done when I did my window frames and I believe it was Vanilla White. I cannot tell the difference between the two and they touch in my flybridge
    Alexseal Oyster White?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    Alexseal Oyster White?
    Awlgrip. Read the OP too fast and saw Awlgrip instead of Alexseal. At the time I bought mine Alexseal didn't offer a stock color close to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Awlgrip. Read the OP too fast and saw Awlgrip instead of Alexseal. At the time I bought mine Alexseal didn't offer a stock color close to mine.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm having the house and cockpit painted this Winter dry season (roll and tipped by pros) and would very much appreciate knowing how your job works-out and what you use.

Since my flybridge and hull paint are in great shape, and the house is a mess, I'll need to get the match pretty darned close.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

You can always request the company to match it. DuPont use to be very accommodating .