Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Anybody see this?

Any idea what the story is? This could be a serious bargain for someone.

Hmmmm. When a deal is too good to be true it usually is

Quote : “ NOTE: BOAT HAS BEEN SIITING OUT OF THE WATER FOR ABOUT THE LAST YEAR, ENGINES AND GENERATORS WERE REPORTED TO RUN WHEN LAST TIME IN THE WATER”

So… 70k on machinery rebuild and whatever else is needed
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Was that the boat that Randy was going to move for that lawyer from Chicago? Then something happened and it sat in Florida not being used. He would go down and stay on it from time to time. There was some lawsuit or something going on related to the sale.

That one was in Clearwater

https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sh...ght=CLEARWATER
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 03-09-2022 at 10:43 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

It was being held hostage for storage fees at Marinemax in St. Pete about this time last year. It had been posted with a notice of an lien at that time.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

This is the one I posted about below. I am told the process is complete and title is clear.

The history I am aware of is all on the ad. Other than the electrolysis damage to through hulls and possibly more.
    Last edited by madhatter1; 03-10-2022 at 07:30 AM.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Was onboard today. Interior at first glance looks rough but if you ignore the crappy carpet it is in very salvageable state. All the woodwork is good. A few patchy mold spots that will wipe off. Upgraded galley. Workable. Needs to be cleaned out.

The big deal is the mechanicals. Something went clearly south on the thru hulls. They need to be replaced. Scratched a prop and no pink so that's good. ER is dirty but not a disaster. If the engines and generators could be proven to operate more value. Entire enclosure needs to be replaced. Old electronics. Exterior will buff out, especially the hull. Even bottom looks okay.

This is definitely a project but if mechanicals surveyed out she's a maybe IMO. But only for someone handy with time to invest.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Love it. Hell, that's in better shape (granted the engines and genny are a mystery) than my 52 when I bought it.

Somebody come take mine and I'll have that 55 looking factory fresh in only a year...or two. Now, I know how to fix/replace everything! Second time around is always way easier.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Sounds like a possible good deal for someone!
    On a similar note I saw there was a 58 yachtfish down in keywest on craigslist for $60k, owner said needs paint
    though.

Here is another $50 + Paperwork = $1,150 total
    https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa...454163260.html

Not trying to hijack your thread! Just thought I would add to the fun
    Last edited by Bob Quinn; 03-10-2022 at 07:50 PM.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Was onboard today. Interior at first glance looks rough but if you ignore the crappy carpet it is in very salvageable state. All the woodwork is good. A few patchy mold spots that will wipe off. Upgraded galley. Workable. Needs to be cleaned out.

The big deal is the mechanicals. Something went clearly south on the thru hulls. They need to be replaced. Scratched a prop and no pink so that's good. ER is dirty but not a disaster. If the engines and generators could be proven to operate more value. Entire enclosure needs to be replaced. Old electronics. Exterior will buff out, especially the hull. Even bottom looks okay.

This is definitely a project but if mechanicals surveyed out she's a maybe IMO. But only for someone handy with time to invest.
    thru hulls have to be replaced before splashing or could make due for a trip to Jax (if running)?