Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fresh water tank leaks

Anyone one have any experience dealing with water leaks in the fresh water tanks of a 54 Hatteras Sportfish Convertible. We’ve had this issue for several months where one of the tanks will mysteriously drain dry yet we don’t see the water in the bilge.

Re: Fresh water tank leaks

Quote Originally Posted by familyvacation View Post
    Anyone one have any experience dealing with water leaks in the fresh water tanks of a 54 Hatteras Sportfish Convertible. We’ve had this issue for several months where one of the tanks will mysteriously drain dry yet we don’t see the water in the bilge.
    Yes, I’ve had that a few times over the years. Once it was the hose to the ice maker fell off because it had never been attached properly, that one I figured out immediately because for lack of a better description we’re a bunch of drunks and the ice machine wasn’t working right. Very recently it was my midship head sink that was leaking out of the faucet and dumping the water overboard. All of this is preferable to me compared to showing up and having no ice for a dozen people, so I leave the pump on. The water pumps on these boats are infinitely rebuildable, so even if you do manage to run it dry it’s not a disaster. If there’s no water in the bilge basically the only thing you could be dealing with is a leak somewhere in the pressurized fresh water system that drains overboard.
    Last edited by cww; 02-20-2022 at 09:42 AM.