Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Onan MDL4 Parts

Onan MDL4 Parts

Good afternoon,

The Onan MDL4 Genset on my 1991 Hatteras 52 CMY sprung a leak at the pulley on the coolant pump. Parts manual indicates a Repair Kit - Coolant Pump part number 541-0214-02 that includes gaskets, seal, hub, bearing, impeller and backplate mounting screws. Believe I also need part number 509-0264, O-ring seal.

I have the pump removed but I'm not having any luck finding parts. I would be grateful for a vector if anyone is aware of a vendor that still carries parts.

Thanks and best regards.
    TANGO
    1991 Hatteras 52 CMY
    Beaufort, NC 28516

Re: Onan MDL4 Parts

Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

Is this it? I’ve ordered impellers for my Oman MDJe from this guy with great success, much better then OEM. https://www.ebay.com/itm/12149644254...sAAOSwLx1awlml
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

Thanks for the reply but those are for the raw water pump (recently R&R'd the impeller). I'm looking for the coolant pump kit. Coolant pump is mounted on the top front end of the generator motor and circulates the antifreeze mixture. It has the thermostat mounted on the top.
    TANGO
    1991 Hatteras 52 CMY
    Beaufort, NC 28516

Literally just went through this, all the part numbers had changed and ultimately they shipped from the Cummins warehouse in Atlanta, GA. Just Right auto parts in Wanchese, NC figured out which part numbers we needed and ordered them for us. Good luck
    1984 Hurley 36 Express sold
    1974 46C series I sold
    1984 46HP series II

Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a call.
    TANGO
    1991 Hatteras 52 CMY
    Beaufort, NC 28516

Just got off the phone with Just Right Auto/Marine Parts. Like Sonic Boom they located the repair kit and seal in Atlanta. Should have in hand by Thursday. Thanks again for the assistance!
    TANGO
    1991 Hatteras 52 CMY
    Beaufort, NC 28516