Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

58LRC owners - question on bow flagstaff

Can anyone with a 58LRC tell my what type of "flagstaff" for the bow Hatteras used?

Is there a flush mounted socket on the pulpit or a rail mounted staff?

The online brochure seems to show a bow rail mounted version but I've seen a picture or two of non-LRC's that have the flush mounted socket. Not sure it matters that much, but I'd like to put her back to original when I can unless other ways are a significant improvement.

Re: 58LRC owners - question on bow flagstaff

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Can anyone with a 58LRC tell my what type of "flagstaff" for the bow Hatteras used?

Is there a flush mounted socket on the pulpit or a rail mounted staff?

The online brochure seems to show a bow rail mounted version but I've seen a picture or two of non-LRC's that have the flush mounted socket. Not sure it matters that much, but I'd like to put her back to original when I can unless other ways are a significant improvement.

Looks like it is rail mounted, just like my non-LRC, and most every one I have seen.

https://www.hatterasowners.com/Broch...58LRB-0478.htm
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

My 1976 LRC had a flush mount in the bow pulpit. She also had a busted bow pulpit which I replaced. I have not reinstalled it, it's on the list.

Ha.... just as I figured - they came both ways.

I guess I'll go with rail mounted as that seems an easy option. Are the staffs teak, mahogany or SS?