Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Aft Deck Modifications

I'm looking to buy a 1987 63 Hatteras MY that has the full beam salon and small aft deck. Has anyone ever moved the aft bulkhead forward to make a more open aft? I would need to modify the aft set of side windows in the salon as well.

Right now its just an idea and I wanted to ask if anyone has done a similar project.

Thanks!
    Kevin

Re: Aft Deck Modifications

Anything is possible but that would be a big job... many structural issues
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I saw an interesting mod for more space back there. Owner had used stainless tubing to cantilever a bench seat over the swim platform area. Pretty creative and made room for seating about 6 more.

On our 61' the rear bulkhead (window/door) was moved forward 3'. . They also added the 9' cockpit and added an extra 9" of space. I guess the landing is 7' long now.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

How about some pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by scottinsydney View Post
    On our 61' the rear bulkhead (window/door) was moved forward 3'. . They also added the 9' cockpit and added an extra 9" of space. I guess the landing is 7' long now.
    Wow that had to be expensive. Thanks for the info. It would be great to see some pictures if you wanted to share. Thanks again!

Sure. I will take some for you. Might be a week until I get to the boat again.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.