Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Some almost complete spring projects

The last photo is of my newly painted 5 foot swim platform (not original to the boat). I have done 4 coats of primer and 2 coats of Awlgrip. Still need a sanding and one or two more coats of Awlgrip the hatches for the swim platform and storage bin hatches (garbage and recyclables).

I also painted the antifowling this spring, waxed the hull and replaced the 4 magnesium (not Zink because of fresh water) sacrificial anodes.

I still have to reinstall my refirbished hot water tank and my mahogany ladder-back helm chair. We bought new furniture for the aft deck and I will post photo's in a few weeks when we get it on the boat. Finally, Im hoping to replace the existing exterior carpeting on the aft deck and helm with new woven "Infinity" vinyl carpeting if I have any money left. If anyone knows where I can get a good deal on the vinal carpeting let me know. It is not inexpensive.

Thanks,

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC, Hull #377

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    Thanks for sharing. When you installed the plug with usb ports, did you have to put in a bigger receptacle box to fit it? I want to change a couple, but I believe the boxes will need to be changed out 1st.
    Hi Eddie,

I did not replace the plug boxes but it was a very tight squeeze to get the new plug receptacle and wiring to fit, but mine did. The biggest issue was attaching the faceplates of the new plugs to the old boxes. I had to tap out the old holes in the boxes to accept the new plugs and faceplates. When you attach the wires to the new receptacle take your time and it will work. Get one done right then the others will be easer to do.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 Dc, Hull#377

Over the years, I have never seen any deterioration of Magnesium or Zinc anodes in fresh water. I stick with zincs but I don't think it matters and I'm not sure I really need any at all.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Very nice, thank you for sharing!
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"