Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some almost complete spring projects

I've had some time to work on some projects this spring and thought I would post some photo's for anyone who is interested.

First ie some engine room cleanup and the making od a plywood cover between the two gas engines (covering the two battery boxes.
    Attached Images

Re: Some almost complete spring projects

Sorry about the sideway's photo's but i can't seem to figure out how to rotate then so I will ask you to tilt your head 90 degrees to see them in the proper orientation. Here are some more engine room photo's. I have painted the bilges removed and cleaned and reinstalled the bilge pumps, vacuflush sanitation components, and cleaned up some wiring.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC, Hull #377
    Attached Images

So in the last photo you will notice my hot water tank is missing. I have rehabed it and it looks like new and will add some photo's in the next day or two. Since the boat has lived its entire lifr in a freshwater enviroment and only get about 4 months a year of in-water use it is in pretty good shape. Almost all systems are original to the way she came out of the factory in 1989 (32 years ago). same 454 gas engines and velvet drive transmissions (never been rebuilt), hot watre tank, vacuflush system, battery charger (Raritan), halon fire system, Ohno 9kw gas generator. mufflers. changes from after the factory include: 24 vdc bow and stern side power thrusters (white batter boxed to port and starboard; new fresh water pump, new sine wave 1500 watt inverter; new well-X-troll water pressure tank, and new fuel / water seperator filters for the two main engines and generator.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC, Hull #377
    Attached Images

I continue,

I have removed the 4 old gryco sea strainers (2 for the main engines, 1 for the generator, and 1 for the air conditioner water circulating pump).
    that were in the bilge floors. I replaced them with external mounted wedge style Buck - Algonquin sea strainers that have worked perfectly and freed up much needed floor space in the engine room bilges. Oh, all the bilge pumps and switches are original (Rule 2000) and work great.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40Dc, Hull#377
    Attached Images

And it continues,

The air conditioner, heat pumps are original and work very well after 32 years of service.

Mark
    lake of the Woods
    1989 40DC, Hull#377
    Attached Images

Next,

I decided to replace the oil in the original Galley Made AA windlass after owning the boat for 10 years. The old oil was pretty clean and in good shape. Windlass still works like new.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC, Hull #377
    Attached Images

Still a few more to come. it is a pain to only do 3 photo's per thread and have to tilt your head to see the photo's properly orientated.

Mark
    Lake of the WQoods
    1989 40 DC, Hull #377
    Attached Images

Sorry about the blurry last photo,

I added 6 of these 120vac / cell phone charger plugs to the boat. I left in the original GFI plugs as the newer plugs I used to replace the old non-GFI plugs were daisy chained to the GFI plugs (that I left in) to ensure that the new plugs have GFI protection.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods 1989 40 DC, Hull #377
    Attached Images

Looks like a new boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks for sharing. When you installed the plug with usb ports, did you have to put in a bigger receptacle box to fit it? I want to change a couple, but I believe the boxes will need to be changed out 1st.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's