Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Fiberglass Muffler Repair

I sent pics and measurements of the new mufflers I have.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Are these at all near the waterline? If mine were to come apart water would slush in. Once the boat starts listing it would come in REALLY quickly. I in fact carry some rubber play balls inflated to the right size to stick in the hole off the stern should it ever happen. And I know it has......
    The water line site at about halfway up the exhaust port on the exterior of the hull, and there is an ~arms length exhaust pipe which extends up that the mufflers tie into. So I'd say I'm a good 1.5'-2' above the water line. I bought a 5" pipe inspection cap to put over the exhaust outlet, which failed miserably. For now she's plugged and duct taped up, but there really isn't any way to get water up that high. I like the inflatable ball idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    I sent pics and measurements of the new mufflers I have.
    I saw you email, and replied that I would be able to get those to work. I don't have the length to fit those mufflers in unfortunately. Thanks for sending it though!

No problem.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.